Hyde Park, London | 18th Nov 2022 - 2nd Jan 2023
THE WORLD’S BEST DESTINATION FOR FESTIVE FUN - IN THE HEART OF LONDON
Embrace the Christmas spirit with Winter Wonderland in London's Hyde Park.
This fun family event is one of the best things to do in London at Christmas. Featuring a huge selection of festive entertainment and activities, from ice skating and circus shows to a Christmas market and live music, there is enough fun things to do to fill a whole day and evening.
Winter Wonderland activities include the chance to:
- Skate to live music on the Winter Wonderland ice rink, the UK's largest outdoor rink.
- Marvel at the acrobatic wonders at a circus show.
- Soar into the sky on the iconic Giant Observation Wheel and see the twinkling London lights below.
- Ride a traditional carousel or brave the giant loops of nine different rollercoasters at the fairground.
- Create your very own ice sculpture at the Ice Sculpting workshops
- Step into the Magical Ice Kingdom, a fantasy palace with forest glades, sorcerers and more.
Winter Wonderland family activities include:
- Enjoying carousel and helter-skelter rides at the traditional fairground with young kids or giving older children adrenaline-fuelled rides on the Winter Wonderland rollercoasters.
- Being enchanted by daytime shows, which included Zippos Christmas Circus and Cirque Beserk.
- Stepping into Winter Wonderland Santa’s Grotto in Santa Land, where the little ones can meet Father Christmas and get a small free gift (if they’ve been good of course!)
- There’s also a host of fun rides for smaller children, including a 45m-long (148ft) Ice Slide!
Where to eat and drink:
- Head to Winter Wonderland’s many restaurants, bars and food stalls for tasty food, mulled wine or warming hot chocolate.
- Try festive German fare, such as German sausage and glühwein in the Bavarian Village.
- Wrap up and relax with a cocktail at Bar Ice, where the bar, tables and even glasses are made of ice. Booking in advance is essential.
- Warm up at the Fire Pit bar with its crackling fires and uplifting live music.
- Ride the carousel and enjoy a slow 360-degree spin with a festive drink at the Carousel Bar.
- Enjoy craft ales, hot chocolate and warming food in giant tipis at Thor's Tipi. Snuggle up by the log fires, grab a blanket and escape the cold outside.
London's Winter Wonderland is open daily from 10am to 10pm, except Christmas Day.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Christmas at Kew
Take an enchanting journey into a glittering wonderland with Christmas at Kew and see some spectacular sights of more than one million individual lights.
Hogwarts in the Snow
This festive season, experience Christmas time at Hogwarts as the Warner Bros Studio undergo a magical makeover for Hogwarts in the Snow.